Skip to content
Forget the haunted house — the spookiest part of Halloween is the candy.
Don’t be scared; be prepared!
- Don’t buy candy until October 31st! This will prevent temptations throughout the month.
- Eat a healthy and complete meal before heading out with the kids to trick or treat.
- What do we (and our kids) love more than candy – Money! This year, trade your Halloween candy for money! Click here to find a place near you!
- When you do buy candy to hand out, buy candy you don’t like!
- Resist the after-sales! A 5 lb. bag of candy on sale is still a 5 lb. bag of candy!
- Enjoy a cup of Sugar-free Hot Apple Cider or Cocoa!
- Get some exercise by making this Halloween a fun family physical activity event. Set a goal of how many houses or streets you’ll visit!
- Here’s a healthy recipe for the whole family, what’s your favorite?